I am a Humanistic Integrative and Gestalt Psychotherapeutic Counsellor working with people one to one. I have run my own private practice since 2002. I am a fully accredited member of UKAHPP and UKCP.
I am also a Clinical Supervisor both for Supervisees in their private client work and at As You Are Counselling Centre. I undertook my Supervision Training at The Gestalt Centre in London and have a Post Graduate Diploma in Clinical Supervision. I work with Supervisees individually and in groups.
Specialties: unresolved childhood issues, anxiety and stress, shock and panic attacks, bereavement and loss, low self esteem, relationship issues, depression, eating disorders, addictions and serious health issues (cancer, heart surgery, chronic pain for example).
I work with students both undergraduate and MA/Phd students, offering support and counselling during what can be a very difficult and stressful time.
I trained in Mindfulness at The Buddhist Centre in Brighton and use this as a tool and as part of our work together where appropriate, if you would like to.
I have fortnightly supervision. I regularly attend workshops and training in Brighton and London.
I currently work for As You Are Centre in Southwick as a Clinical Supervisor. I also offer clinical supervision to counsellors in training and those in private practice.
I am fully insured with Professional Liability Insurance. I adhere to the fundamental values, ethics and Code of Practice of UKAHPP – Association of Humanistic Psychology Practitioners (registered with UKCP).
- Couples Counselling Relationship Training with Psychosexual Module AYA 2016
- Clinical Supervision Training at Cruse Bereavement Care 2015
- Drug and Alcohol Trained Counsellor at CRI Counselling Service 2014
- Post Grad Dip in Supervision The Gestalt Centre London 2013-2014
- Post Graduate Diploma Counselling (2000)
- Post Graduate Certificate in Education (1993)
- BA (Hons) English and History (1989)